11.11.2008

Chain letters

This will be the 2nd chain letter of sorts that I'll have completed in the past month. You know that neighborhood phantom ghost thing that the danged Mormons do to each other around Halloween? You know, where you get a plate of cookies and then you're supposed to go phantom someone else? I got that and passed the love along (it only took me like 2 weeks to do it, though), which is the first chain letter I've completed since junior high. Then I just realized that my dear friend Hillary tagged me like 40 years ago and I'm just noticing. I am officially the queen of chain letters. Here goes the fun:

My 8 obsessions...

  1. Mixed Martial Arts - very feminine, right?
  2. Learning - I can't get enough, everything from formal education to reading ridiculous fiction... it's all good.
  3. Procrastinating
  4. Fluffernutters on bread or Ritz
  5. The internet - so much information and keeping in touch with old friends!
  6. Staying up late
  7. Binge sleeping
  8. Diet Coke (Husband came up with 6-8 by the way, so those ones must be pretty accurate)
8 words or phrases I use often...
  1. Holy crap. (not a good one, I know)
  2. Poopsicles. (Husband made this one up as another word for fudgesicles)
  3. Oh snap. (See: My Name is Earl)
  4. Shnookums. (Husband's nickname)
  5. Bugz. (Boogz's nickname, pronounced Boogz)
  6. I hate running.
  7. I need to study.
  8. Will you watch the baby while I study?
8 things I want to do before I die...
  1. Write a song and play it on the guitar. (this will never happen)
  2. Compete in one amateur MMA match. (Husband says this will never happen)
  3. Have 3-4 children and be very happy.
  4. Finish grad school.
  5. Read the entire Holy Bible. (I've tried, it's hard)
  6. Grow all the ingredients to a delicious salsa and then make it and then eat it with everyone who might truly appreciate it.
  7. Do my hair and/or makeup every day for like a week or something.
  8. Be a grandma - after all, that's why I'm having kids.
8 things I have learned from my past...
  1. Those "helpful" books on babies do NOT know my child and therefore do NOT apply to him and/or me.
  2. Post partum depression sucks.
  3. My husband is perfect for me.
  4. Not finishing everything on your "to do" list every day is okay sometimes.
  5. When I start to see funny squiggly things in my eyes accompanied by a little bit of nausea and a slight headache, that usually means I'm about to up-chuck.
  6. Everything that is worth my time is going to be hard. Nothing worth it is ever super easy.
  7. My Father in Heaven knows best - I just need to keep plugging away even if I don't know what's next.
  8. Boogz is the bomb.
8 places I would love to go or see...
  1. Real Mexico - not just the touristy part
  2. Florida/Georgia
  3. Hawaii
  4. Suns game in San Antonio - we'd have to win, of course
  5. Warm places
  6. Sunny places
  7. Ocean-y places
  8. QT
8 things I currently need or want...
  1. More hours in the day
  2. To figure out what I should do when I grow up
  3. A filling (I just found out I have my first cavity in my adult teeth. I am so bummed.)
  4. A house I can fix up and make ours with a garden, a pet, and some place to put all our stuff
  5. The desire to have another baby... if they're all as energetic as Jack, I just don't know if I can have another one!
  6. Compression shirt/shorts for working out. Are cheap brands just as good as expensive ones?
  7. To find the perfect grad school and major for me... I'm too random to choose just one.
  8. Some sleep - it's been a while
8 people I tag...
  1. Ooh, should I pass along the chain letter?

4 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Okay. . .
Costumes= AWESOME! I especially love your chicken one. We'll have to swap for next year, since I made my own too, ha ha.
Why I'm not afraid of coyotes= so inspirational. Thanks for posting, it was such a great sunday (or any day) read.
Lastly, Your tag was cracking me up. Mixed Martial Arts, Binge sleeping, get ready for a week, the "helpful" books on babies, ha ha ha. Love em.
As far as grad school, there's always speech pathology. . . :)

kkalama said...

Thank you for sharing! I love to hear fun stuff like that. I totally laughed out loud at some of your answers. It was so nice to see you at Coach Crook's thing and I can't wait to see you again. Oh Yeah... How did your presentation go?

Cara said...

Well it was nice getting to know you a little better...I am glad to hear you enjoy binge sleeping too. I am thinking of making that a sport.

Emily Lauren said...

Wow Carrie, none of that sounds like fun. And all in the same week, I would totally cry. Yikes!
Is any of it over yet?
That's the good thing about school- you have so much to do that it goes by pretty quick.
Good Luck :(