12.05.2008

Help! No one likes a Mr. Sniffles...

"I hate Mr. Sniffles." (name that movie)

Does anyone know of any cold/flu daytime medicines that don't make you loopy? Maybe one that instead of making you loopy makes you super alert, raises your IQ several hundred points, assists you to think clearer and more able to complete tasks at hand, and perhaps even eliminates sleepiness during finals week?

I don't know about anyone else, but my body likes to wigg out when I have a lot to do and well, I've got a lot to do. Therefore, I'm sick. You know that cute Walgreens commercial where the mom says she can't pencil in a cold right now because of a long list of things to do? I feel for her.

Please, if anyone knows of something to help a head cold go away and wait to come back until after next Thursday then please share!
Oh, and good news: I found an awesome job. It's great and it's horrible. I'm loving the coworkers, enjoying the work, and excited to use my sweet degree in a financial industry (which is right up my alley)... BUT... No one wants to leave their babies all day... But then again, you gotta do what you gotta do. This phase of life's just going to be a little bit crazy. I am so dang tired. Fortunately, this lady says I can do it, so I should be okay:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The movie? How to lose a guy in 10 days.
The cold? Mucinex is the bomb. I guess it depends on your symptoms though.
The job: CONGRATS!!
The finals: Good Luck!

P.S. When you are done being so busy lets hangout. (dont you love when people put it on you like its all your fault we dont have time to hang out-haha!)

Emily Lauren said...

My body totally does the same thing when I'm stressed. I had strep throat on my wedding day (which was two days after my last two finals), I got the hugest stye last semester when mckane's company was moving and I had finals for class and TONS of paperwork due for clinic. I really do feel your pain.
Unfortunately I don't know of any medicine, though McKane swears by airborne (but I think it's more preventative than corrective).
Lastly, congrats on your new job! I'm so excited for you! Where are you working? How many hours/day and days a week? Who takes jack?
So excited for you- congrats :)

Carly Nichols said...

You poor girl! What a crazy time for you. I can only recommend what everyone and their dog has probably already recommended to you...vitamin C and lots of it. I use to take coldeezes but their just distgusting and I'm not sure if they even work:( I hope you feel better really soon.

What and where are you graduating from and with? Where is your new job? Where is Mr. Jack going? Let me know if you need any help:)...Seriuosly!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hey that's great you found a job you like--where are you working? Who's watching Jack?

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hey that's great you found a job you like--where are you working? Who's watching Jack?

Candice said...

Congrats on the job!! I totally feel for ya on the being sick and tired stuff.

I have way more info for remedies than you'd even care to hear but I'll share a few, none of which will leave you feeling sleepy: for flu-ish stuff I'd try oscillococcinum, its a homeopathic medicine, I get mine at Wholefoods.
For colds, try those emergency packets. For congestion, TONS of grapes will help like magic (particularly organic grapes), so will peppermint or eucalyptus oil in a vaporizor. I agree trying vit. C, also vitamin e, zinc, carrots and garlic. Also consumption of processed sugar will lower your immune system for at least 3 hrs, so eliminating that for awhile will make you feel much better. Hope that helps?

Adam and Nicole said...

How to Lose a Guy in 10 days!!! Love it!
So sorry you are sick, mothers have no time to be sick and yet it still happens, maybe to make us even stronger in the end? I am no remedy queen, but I hear vitamin c is good. Yeah for you and your new job, how's it going? We seriously need to get together!

Molly said...

Thats awesome! Where did you get a job at?

Carrie Brown said...

Hey, Carrie...it's Carrie Brown-I found your blog on Neil and Megan Andersen's blog-your blog is super fun and good luck with the job. Hey, what's your email and I'll send you an invite to my blog, if you want. We should get together sometime.

Fiery Jack said...

Ha. So I'm a woman. I read your blod and was so excited to tell you that i knew that quote was from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... But someone beat me to it.

Darn.