12.15.2010

Change is a Good Thing

So I quit my full-time job last month, while unemployment rates are off the charts, my husband's industry is in complete disarray, and income is as inconsistent as the day is long. Seemed like the smart thing to do.

Even though every bit of logic says I'm a dummy, we knew I needed a career change. Jayson and I didn't (and still don't) have a perfect plan, just a strong impression that something needed to give. My employer and I worked out an arrangement so that I can work remotely on a part-time trial basis, which seems to be quite the answer to prayer at this time.

I just finished working (it's after 2 am) and even though I haven't slept all week and my eyelids are heavy, I really wanted to say that I have faith - and maybe posting this is just so that I have the reminder in writing when my faith waivers a bit. I know my Father in Heaven (aka God) is mindful of our family. Even though I'd so love to know what's in store for us, I'm just going to try to work hard, serve others, and know that what's meant to be will be.

So I'm no longer a full-time work-outside-of-the-home mother. Now I get to be a full-time work-at-home mom, and I'm sure the retirement plan will be MUCH better.

0 comments: