7.10.2008

One more quote

My dearest Danielle introduced me to this one. Better grab the kleenex...

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

-Marjorie Hinckley

5 comments:

ashley wright said...

ok, i really am holding back the tears... that is an amazing quote. thanks for sharing it. It really puts things in perspective for me- sometimes i see women so "perfectly" manicured and tailored and i sometimes think i want that... when everything is all said and done, its not how we look or dress. Ya know what, i'd like to have the dirt under my nails and a little peanut butter on my shirt!(i like peanut butter!)Can i please be like Sis. Hinckley?
OH and carrie, Thanks so much for that comment on the memories... we really DO have SO many!!! i love you!

Danielle Kristine Fallbeck said...

Carrie, you are so welcome! I saw this qoute on another friend's blog one day and decided to add it on because it illustrates so perfectly how we should all be to prepare ourselves to be in the presence of our Father in Heaven. You are so awesome and I just have to say that I miss you so much! We really do need to get together soon so let me know your schedule! Love ya and I am glad you feel uplifted by my blog. I love blogging...it is so addicting! :)

Emily Lauren said...

Carrie, Hi!! I'm so excited I found your blog! It took a little blog jumping/stalking but it was well worth it to find you! What a neat quote by sister Hinkley. It's so true and such a great reminder.
Jack is SO cute Carrie! And he's already walking!! I found the same thing with Beckam- he was SO much happier once he could walk, I love it.
I'm definitely in on the get together :) It's been so long since I've seen you. . .

lindsay said...

tell your sensible self to shut it. you MUST come to the midnight release!!! it's the last one of the series!!!! and it will be AWESOME! we're going to the Borders on alma school and the 60 and arent gonna get there till later either...but you'll have a whole 2 days of weekend to rip thru it before school stuff needs to be worried about again.

Devin & Ruthann said...

I love this and totally put it on my blog!