3.07.2011

my latest hippy-ish thing

Um, so I hate my running shoes.  They make me have blisters, scrunch my toes, hurt my arches, yadda yadda.  So I think I've decided I'm going to try something this week.  I think I'm going to start just 5 minutes a day of jog/walking barefoot...  I know, loco, right?

ew, not a flattering foot picture, but the only one i could find - by the way, i am DYING to go to the beach!!!

Well, anyway, I just wondered if anyone else in the universe had ever tried it?  I've been meaning to buy new running shoes for forever, but they are so flipping expensive, what's the fun in dropping that kind of cash for shoes?  I mean, I freak out when I have to pay $2.99 for a Jack-sized sweater for Jayson's sister's wedding, for heaven's sake.  Most of my family's clothes are purchased exclusively at Goodwill on Thursdays (Dollar Day).  So when the running store tells me I need to buy 80 dollar shoes I hesitate big time.

Back to bare feet - I live right by a park with about a quarter mile loop of cement that my bare tootsies are going to get to know very soon.  I'm actually kind of excited to give it a shot - it feels a little liberating to think I maybe one day won't have to rely on shoes to go running.  I don't know, maybe it'll suck, but it's worth a shot I think.

Wow, that was a random post :)

2 comments:

Emily Sue said...

So, this is really popular here. I know tons of people who run barefoot and even a few people who make there own sandal like shoes to run in. Of course I live close to Boulder and it is easy to get materials to make funky sandals for dirt cheap. Definitely run barefoot, my friends swear by it!!

Jami said...

My husband has done a lot of research on the subject, and totally agrees. He actually favors the 5 fingers ( or something like that) shoes. They are kinda expensive, but it is like running barefoot, but it provides a little protection for your feet. I mean you can't run on the cement in the middle of summer here. People swear by them. I was thinking of giving them a try after this baby comes out.